under construction - check back soon!
Massage following childbirth feels wonderful and helps bring the body back to its pre-pregnancy alignment.
There is not a separate fee structure for pregnancy or postpartum massage.
Pregnancy & Postpartum Massage
The Key Aspects of Pregnancy Massage:
- Side-lying client positioning, supported with pillows, for comfort and to encourage lymph and blood flow
- Calming Swedish strokes throughout the massage
- Gentle stretching to the neck, shoulders, rib cage and lower back
- Deep tissue work in the hips and gluteal area, depending on client needs and preferences
- Abdominal massage for relaxation or to address ligament pain, if requested
- Lymph drainage strokes to the legs to address swelling
- Techniques to relieve common pregnancy complaints, such as
Massage is an effective way to alleviate many of the discomforts of pregnancy. While generally safe, at your intake I will determine its safety for you. You can also talk with your health care provider.
- Lower back and pelvic pain
- Relieves tension from the birth
- Focuses on neck, shoulder and arm tension due to feeding posture
- Assists with breast feeding concerns and discomfort
- Aids in returning the uterus to its normal size
- Encourages abdominal muscles to return to position