under construction - check back soon!
Please contact me in advance if you have any questions about contraindications and whether or not you should receive massage therapy.
Contraindications for massage therapy:
- Inflammation - acute injury
- Uncontrolled high blood pressure
- Cancer, during active treatment
- Heart disease requiring use of blood-thinning medications
- Diabetes in conjunction with other serious conditions
- Rheumatoid arthritis and gout
In many of these cases, the site of the condition can be avoided, however, systemic conditions would require physician approval for massage therapy.
A contraindication is a symptom or condition that makes a particular treatment or procedure inadvisable.