My Education & Training in Massage Therapy
I graduated from the 650-hour Massage Therapy Diploma Program at the Body Therapy Institute and have been licensed and in private practice since November, 2008.
- Anatomy, Physiology, Kinesiology & Pathology
- Trigger Point Therapy (NMT)
- Myofascial (Deep Tissue) Massage
- Hydrotherapy, Hot Stone and other Spa Modalities
- Professional Ethics and Laws
- Treatment of the Aging Population
- Board Certified in Massage and Bodywork Therapy
- Licensed in the State of North Carolina, license number: 8524
Highlighted Certifications, Licensure and Professional Memberships:
- Batchelor of Arts, Denison University, in Sociology/Anthropology.
- Masters in Public Health, the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, School of Public Health, in Health Education & Health Behavior.
I realized the best parts of me were not being put to use in my previous profession. I sought a career that incoporated meaningful contact at its very core - and that had the potential to be life-changing for me and for the people I serve.
Why did I become a Massage Therapist?